Monday, February 20, 2012

Dark Souls: The Chaos Witch Quelaag

.........Well I did say Blighttown sucked and that was just getting down to the swamp area I mean come on anyone who has made it this far know it sucks ass down there but that's besides the point I'm just taking my frustration out cause it took me 2 days just to get down there plus another 4 to figure out where Quelaag was and another 5 to actually kill her not to mention a lot and i mean A LOT of souls -_-;; got invaded a few times but anyway your here for a guide well here I'm not telling you how to get down there figure it out on your own.


This witch and yes that is what she is I'm not censoring myself she actually is a witch and a mean one at that, most of her attacks come from the spider half of her, which mainly consist of it barfing up lava and no the lava doesn't go away it covers the battlefield for a few minuets before it goes away so make sure your close to the entrance when she does that so you have the whole rest of the area to fight on. Another one of its attacks is if your far away it'll leap at you and knock you back (if it hits) then proceed to barf lava on you or if your far away and backed up against lava it'll tackle you into it which surprisingly doesn't damage you until you stand. If your right on top of the spider it will them stomp on the ground and hurt you a whole damn lot also if you are close there is a possibility that it will release a fiery explosion AOE (area of effect) that tosses you back and almost insta-kills you. Now the female part of her actually attacks as well but only two attacks, she will swing her sword side to side if your in front of her which is easy to dodge or if your staring her down at a distance she'll charge you with the intention of spearing you with her sword so some easy to dodge and some impossible to.

Now I'm not going to sit here and say "Yeah she was easy i killed her in 30 seconds flat blah blah blah." No that's not what happened it took me 5 days to beat her so after that i called up one of my friends to help me kill her, I'm not ashamed I called up a friend to kick her ass. So It was me, my friend and the NPC Maneater Mildred (you get her after a scripted invasion and you kill her) With all of us we kind of cheaped it up and my friend shot arrows into her female half which stunned her which allowed me and Mildred to knock her ass out pretty fast. After we killed her well what else is there you get some souls, humanity of course oh and whats this you get the Soul of Quelaag heh don't worry I'll clear it up what it gives you.


Ta-Da the Soul of Quelaag is actually pretty good better than the Soul of the Moonlight Butterfly unless your going the faith and magic route then stick to the Butterflies soul. Anyway Like I said here are the weapons you get. FIRST UP....


Quelaag's FurySword this is a pretty good sword in my opinion its a curved sword +10 upgraded at the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo and it gives you this weapon though i found out to my disdain that the power of the sword is based off the Humanity you have so if your feeling confident feel free to stack up some humanity for this. With its fire damage I still use it, it is fun after all. Also if you want to make it stronger it costs a demon titanite and 5000 souls but again its fun.



Choas Blade in my opinion a pretty nasty looking weapon though you can only get this from upgrading a katana type weapon and the only one I know of is the Uchigatna which you get from killing the merchant in Undead Burg. Ok now the downside of this weapon is pretty bad it depletes your health after every successful hit its almost the same as the Lifehunter Scythe which i will get into later but it has the same effects every hit adds to the bleed meter once its filled a chunk of health is lost and even if you have a sliver of health left you make another hit you will die. So be careful with this weapon.

And as always enjoy your souls and whatever weapon you decide to get and keep an eye out for my next tips and tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment